A Message from Our Chairperson
“Take a Leap!” This is my motto for 2018. I encourage you, as well as myself, to step out of what is comfortable and try something new this year. Demonstrate your expertise and professionalism by presenting at an APMP event or webinar, pursue your certification, mentor someone or be mentored, or simply take the time to get to know another member better. I have been a member of APMP since 2002, and I enjoy interacting with a group of individuals that truly understand the challenges of my work, provide moral support, share their experiences, and impart their knowledge.
It’s also a place to have some fun! Your Board of Directors is taking a leap in 2018 by implementing a new technology tool called MemberLeap. Memberleap will allow us to better manage, plan, and communicate program offerings with all of you. It will allow you to interact and network with other members virtually – for those times in between programs. We hope you will see the improvement.
- Informal networking opportunities. These networking opportunities provide you an opportunity to forge and cement strong relationships with other proposal professionals. If you are interested in organizing an event in your area, please contact us. We can help you.
- Webinars. To ensure we meet the needs of our geographically dispersed membership, our virtual programs allow us to hear from international experts in a wide variety of relevant fields. These programs have proven to be qOn December 15th 2016, the Carolinas Chapter Board met to discuss programs for the 2017 calendar. We plan to provide a mix of networking opportunities, webinars, and dinner programs for you throughout the year. If you have ideas for additional programs, know of potential presenters, or would like to speak at an event yourself, please contact our program chair Emily Sweitzer.uite popular.
- Dinner programs. Our dinner meetings provide an opportunity to network with colleagues and to hear from featured speakers. Speakers at these meetings have included proposal experts who offer best practices as well as bring us back to basics, behavioral experts who provide tips on dealing with diverse teams (and challenging personalities), communication specialists, accreditation liaisons, and customer panels who give us a look at life from the other side.
- Wellness and charity. These events not only give members a chance to share and learn how to cope with professional challenges and stress, but also help provide donations to our communities.
- Co-sponsor of the Southern Proposal Accents Conference (SPAC). Each year the Carolinas Chapter proudly co-sponsors one of APMP's leading regional conferences, SPAC, with the Georgia Chattahoochee and Florida Sunshine Chapters. Planning for this annual conference is year round and the results show. This one-day event packs a big bang for your buck and draws professionals from across the U.S. If you are interested in getting involved as a SPAC volunteer, contact us.
Board of Director’s Annual Planning Session
Your Chapter Board convened on December 13th for an annual planning session to discuss programs for the 2018 calendar. We plan to provide a mix of networking opportunities, webinars, and dinner programs for you throughout the year. If you have ideas for additional programs, know of potential presenters, or would like to speak at an event yourself, please contact us.
Laura, Jim, and Mel
Jennifer and Lee
Brittney and Cynthia
We hope you will take a leap with us and have some fun this year!
Carolina Chapter Officer Positions
2017 Carolina Chapter Officer Positions [PDF]
APMP Carolinas Chapter By-Laws [PDF]
Board of Directors